Monday, April 13, 2015

APERI DOMINE



OPEN O Lord, my mouth to bless Thy holy name; cleanse also my heart from all vain, perverse, and distracting thoughts; enlighten my understanding, inflame my will, that I may worthily, attentively, and devoutly recite this Office, and deserve to be heard in the presence of Thy divine Majesty. Through Christ, our Lord.
   R. Amen.

APERI, Dómine, os meum ad benedicéndum nomen sanctum tuum: munda quoque cor meum ab ómnibus vanis, pervésis et aliénis cogitatiónibus: intelléctum illúmina, afféctum inflàmma, ut digne atténte, ac devóte hoc Offícium recitàre vàleam et exaudíri mérear ante conspéctum divinæ Majestàtis tuæ. Per Christum Dóminum nostrum.
   R. Amen.

     O Lord, in union with that divine intention wherewith Thou didst offer praises on earth to God, I offer these Hours to Thee.

   Dómine, in unióne illius divinæ intentiónis, qua ipse in terris laudes Deo persolvisti, has tibi Horas persólvo.  

     Hours that are said separately are preceded by the single prayer, Dómine in unión.

Continue to Matins




No comments:

Post a Comment